Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Few Finished Projects

I've been working on several projects lately, and here are a few of the finished ones. I still have a few more on the hook (and needles).  :) 

Eli and I did our first craft project together.  We used fingerpaints and made a handprint picture for his mommy for Mother's Day.  Big suprise, he really likes using fingerpaints!  It was a very messy project, so we were lucky to have Grandma on hand to help, because it took our four hands to keep up with his two hands.  It was worth it though, because his mommy loved it!  :)


I made a pair of Turkish Bed Socks from a pattern purchased off of Ravelry.  I gave this pair as a gift, but I liked them so much that I have another pair on the needles for me.  :)



These deer hats have been very popular with my husband's family, and I keep getting requests for them.  I think so far I've made about 10 of them.  I have never made so many of one thing before, and hopefully this is it for a while.  :)  It's a basic hat pattern and uses a free chart on Ravelry called Fornicating Deer



And I had to throw in this picture of Olivia that I took the other day.  She was so conked out, and the way she was sleeping just made me laugh.  I believe she must have wore herself out from all the mischief she had been in.  Being ornery all day long can be exhausting work!  :)

7 comments:

Ali said...

What a lovely post, love everything on it from the little hands to the relaxed cat. I think your reindeer hats are great.
Ali x

Holly said...

oh my goodness that hat pattern CRACKS ME UP!!!

mary i said...

I Love the Hat!!! I have a problem though I do not knit at all.. I am a good hooker though. Any way at all to get this pattern in crochet??? Please? My man unit is a hunter and would love one..Please help???

mary i said...

PS I just showed my man this hat. He Has GOT TO HAVE ONE!! Anyhoo just want to add. I can "duel" read patterns, ie: charts symbols text it all works for me..Please help??? :) Thank You from Alabama...

Doni said...

Hi Mary,
I couldn't reply to you directly because you are set up as a no-reply blogger. I'm so glad you like the hat, but it's not my own design, it came from a free chart that I found on Ravelry, which you can get to by clicking on the "Fornicating Deer" link that is included in my blog post. It is just for the chart though, and is not an actual pattern. But you can use the chart to incorporate the deer design into anything you want. I figured out how to make the hat by reading thru other people's project notes on Ravelry. So you might look through the projects attached to the chart to see if someone might have made a crocheted hat using the chart, or if you have a favorite crochet hat pattern, you could use the chart and add the design to it.
Good luck! And if you make one, be prepared to make more, because everyone seems to want one. :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I did many a handprint craft when I was a kindergarten teacher and have lots of feet and hand prints of my own kids. I like the way you framed Eli's. My how he is growing.

Love the Turkish socks. Great colors. And the fornicating deer -- oh my! Wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't given the name. Ha!

The photo of Olivia is adorable. Kitties are always up to something. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Annette said...

What a lovely handicraft.. you did a awesome job ..
Cute little hand of Eli!!
Great socks.. and that hat.. so funny.
Adorable picture